Digest for jooq-user@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Lukas Eder <[hidden email]>: Oct 13 08:53PM +0200

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your message. I've been asked maybe 1-2 times off public lists
about CockroachDB support. There is no such support planned for jOOQ in the
near future as I currently do not think that it is a database worth
investing in, from the jOOQ vendor perspective. jOOQ mostly supports the
top databases of this list:
https://db-engines.com/en/ranking

Having sais so, this doesn't mean that jOOQ won't work to some extent with
CockroachDB. The code generator could be run off the:

- JPADatabase
- JDBCDatabase (which reverse engineers the java.sql.DatabaseMetaData API)

And the runtime could run with HSQLDB, which is probably the most standards
compliant dialect supported by jOOQ.

If something doesn't work and can be fixed easily, we can certainly do so.
This was done before someone who was using jOOQ with Cassandra:
https://github.com/jOOQ/jOOQ/pull/4939
https://github.com/jOOQ/jOOQ/blob/version-3.10.1/jOOQ/src/main/java/org/jooq/impl/MetaDataFieldProvider.java#L110

Hope this helps,
Lukas

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to [hidden email].