Digest for jooq-user@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Pavel Finkelshtein <[hidden email]>: Nov 16 12:38AM -0800

Hi Lukas,

One of the problems with these things is that they are very poorly
> standardised, and it will thus be rather difficult for jOOQ to standardise
> on such an API

If I understand problem correctly, JSONB is standartized not by SQL
standart, but by Postgres itself. So it should be possible to create
custom type (PostgresJson for example), which will have it's own custom
functions.

there's always an ordinary function name backing the implementation of such
> operators, but they're not really idiomatic

There is pretty idiomatic way of work with JSON, which is described in Java
API for JSON Processing
(http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/java/json-1973242.html). And it
should be absolutely possible to migrate such API to Java API for JSON
Processing when it'll become official.

It's definitely out of scope for jOOQ to integrate with such third party
> tools (and maintain the integration).

It was quite predictable. I'm fully agree, that this is not high-priority
feature, remembering that Postgres customers are not paid ones. It was just
idea
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to [hidden email].